Winston Churchill Quotes



    “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” 
- Winston Churchill

     “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “If you are going through hell, keep going.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” 
- Winston Churchill

     “History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “Never, never, never give in!” 
- Winston Churchill

    “Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “We are all worms, But I do believe that I am a glow worm.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “You don't make the poor richer by making the rich poorer.” 
- Winston Churchill

     “For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.”
- Winston Churchill

    “An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.” 
- Winston Churchill


    “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.”
- Winston Churchill

    “When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “Don't interrupt me while I'm interrupting.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “A joke is a very serious thing.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “The price of greatness is responsibility.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “History is written by the victors.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “When you get a thing the way you want it, leave it alone.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “Sometimes doing your best is not good enough. Sometimes you must do what is required.” 
- Winston Churchill

    “There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at with no result.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.” 
- Winston Churchill

   “Difficulties mastered are opportunities won.” 
- Winston Churchill