Thomas A Edison Quotes



       “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” 
- Thomas Edison

      “There is time for everything.” 
- Thomas Edison

      “Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” 
- Thomas Edison

      “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this - you haven't.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work” 
- Thomas Edison

       “If we all did the things we are really capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “This problem, once solved, will be simple.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “There are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “The value of an idea lies in using it” 
- Thomas Edison

       “I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure”
- Thomas Edison


       “Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “I never did a day's work in my life, it was all fun.” 
- Thomas Edison

        “I find out what the world needs. Then I go ahead and try to invent it” 
- Thomas Edison

       “Discontent is the first necessity of progress.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “There's a way to do it better - find it.” 
- Thomas Edison


       “I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “I am proud of the fact that I never invented weapons to kill.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “It is very beautiful over there. (last words)” 
- Thomas Edison

        “There is no expedient to which a man will not go to avoid the real labour of thinking.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “All bibles are man-made.” 
- Thomas Edison,

       “Nature is truly wonderful. Only man is truly foul.” 
- Thomas Edison

        “The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.” 
- Thomas Edison

        “We will make electricity so cheap that only the rich will burn candles.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “If we all did the things we were capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “Hell! there ain’t no rules around here! We are trying’ to accomplish somep’n!” 
- Thomas Edison

        “Opportunity is often missed because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work.” 
- Thomas Edison

      “He had all the attributes of a perfect man, and, in my opinion, no finer personality ever existed.”
- Thomas Edison

        “So far as the religion of the day is concerned, it is a damned fake ... Religion is all bunk.” 
- Thomas Edison

        “I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb.” 
- Thomas Edison

       “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.”
- Thomas A. Edison

       “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
- Thomas A. Edison


        “I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favour of the kings of the world.”
- Thomas A. Edison

        “To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.”
- Thomas A. Edison


       “Discontent is the first necessity of progress.”
- Thomas A. Edison


        “I never did a day's work in my life. It was all fun.”
- Thomas A. Edison