Mae West Quotes



     “I never loved another person the way I loved myself.”
- Mae West


      “When I'm good, I'm very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better. ”
- Mae West


     “I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it.”
- Mae West


     “I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure.”
- Mae West


     “I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.”
- Mae West


     “There are no good girls gone wrong - just bad girls found out.”
- Mae West


     “Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.”
- Mae West

     “Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.”
- Mae West

     “Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.”
- Mae West


     “Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often.”
- Mae West


     “I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it.”
- Mae West

     “Don't keep a man guessing too long - he's sure to find the answer somewhere else”
- Mae West


    “Look your best - who said love is blind? ”
- Mae West


     “A woman in love can't be reasonable--or she probably wouldn't be in love.”
- Mae West


     “I have found men who didn't know how to kiss. I've always found time to teach them.”
- Mae West


     “The curve is more powerful than the sword.”
- Mae West


    “Keep a diary and one day it'll keep you.”
- Mae West


    “When women go wrong, men go right after them.”
- Mae West


    “She's the kind of girl who climbed the ladder of success wrong by wrong.”
- Mae West


     “Women with pasts interest men because they hope history will repeat itself.”
- Mae West



     “The score never interested me, only the game.”
- Mae West


     “An ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises.”
- Mae West


     “Love is like a booger, you pick and pick at it. Then when you get it you wonder how to get rid of it.”
- Mae West

      “No one can have everything, so you have to try for what you want most.”
- Mae West


     “I see you're a man with ideals. I better be going before you've still got them.”
- Mae West


     “You may admire a girl's curves on the first introduction, but the second meeting shows up new angles.”
- Mae West

     “Goodness, what beautiful diamonds!' 'Goodness had nothing to do with it'.”
- Mae West

     “I didn't discover curves; I only uncovered them.”
- Mae West


     “You can do what you want, but saving love doesn't bring any interest.”
- Mae West


     “A hard man is good to find.”
- Mae West


    “Goodness had nothing to do with it.”
- Mae West

     “Men are all alike - except the one you've met who's different.”
- Mae West


     “If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.”
- Mae West


     “Life is short. break the rules forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile”
- Mae West

     “Brains are an asset, if you hide them.”
- Mae West


     “Marriage is a wonderful institution, but I'm not ready to be institutionalized!”
- Mae West 

     “Too much of a good thing is wonderful!”
- Mae West


     “Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from.”
- Mae West


     “I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing.”
- Mae West


     “A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.”
- Mae West