Jim Henson Quotes



       “don't remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.” 
- Jim Henson

        “The beauty of nature has been one of the great inspirations in my life.” 
- Jim Henson

       “The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children.”
- Jim Henson


       “My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here.”
- Jim Henson


       “I've never felt any sense of competition with anybody, and we're all friends; we're all good friends.”
- Jim Henson

        “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” 
- Jim Henson

      “When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there.”
- Jim Henson

       “Actually the copies of characters is something I don't particularly like to talk about in articles but just for your information, most characters there's only one.”
- Jim Henson

       “There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.” 
- Jim Henson

       “Only time can heal your broken heart. Just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” 
- Jim Henson

        “The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children. ” 
- Jim Henson

       “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn't anything you can't do if you want to.” 
- Jim Henson

        “As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world of make-believe continues into adulthood.” 
- Jim Henson

        “The most sophisticated people I know--inside they're all children. We never really loose a certain sense we had when we were kids.” 
- Jim Henson

        “Please watch out for each other and love and forgive everybody. It's a good life, enjoy it.” 
- Jim Henson

        “I think if you study--if you learn too much of what others have done, you may tend to take the same direction as everybody else.” 
- Jim Henson

       “It all ends in one of two ways: either someone gets eaten or something blows up.” 
- Jim Henson

       “I don't want'a die... I have other plans!" -Fraggle Rock” 
- Jim Henson

        “I believe that we form our own lives, that we create our own reality, and that everything works out for the best.” 
- Jim Henson

       “I decided that what I really wanted to do was go off and paint.”
-Jim Henson



      “If you can't beat them. Join them” 
- Jim Henson

       “No, there's not much competition between puppeteers in general because everybody's working their own style.”
- Jim Henson

       “I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me.” 
- Jim Henson

       “When I was a kid, I never saw a puppet show. I never played with puppets or had any interest in them.”
- Jim Henson

        “We see with our eyes. We know with our hearts. Outside...Inside.” 
- Jim Henson

       “Well, Detroit Institute is kind of a key - probably the largest permanent collection of puppets in the US.”
-Jim Henson

        “I hope that something better comes along.” 
- Jim Henson

        “It has always been difficult to get Big Bird to be very pretty. Big Bird in England is much more gorgeous.”
- Jim Henson

      “I think my own strengths are in television production.”
- Jim Henson


       “Simple is good.”
- Jim Henson

        “I was very interested in theatre, mostly in stage design. I did a little bit of acting.”
- Jim Henson


       “Someday we'll find it. The Rainbow Connection. The lovers, the dreamers, and me.”
- Jim Henson

       “If anything, there's a difference in working with color in England and the color in the US.”
- Jim Henson

       “The most sophisticated people I know - inside they are all children.”
- Jim Henson

        “And also there wasn't much money in television in those days anyhow.”
- Jim Henson

       “There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.”
-Jim Henson

         “I do remember doing shows strictly in black and white, too, so you're right.”
- Jim Henson

        “Watch out for the icy patch.”
- Jim Henson

        “Somebody like a Piggy or a Kermit, there needs to be several versions and so there will be several of them.”
- Jim Henson

        “Well, Detroit Institute is kind of a key - probably the largest permanent collection of puppets in the US.”
- Jim Henson