Abraham Lincoln Quotes



    “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.” 
- Abraham Lincoln

    “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


     “A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's consent.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


   “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

   “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

   “My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side,   for God is always right.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
- Abraham Lincoln 

  “No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
Abraham Lincoln


    “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.”
- Abraham Lincoln 



     “Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.”
Abraham Lincoln

    “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.”
- Abraham Lincoln

    “No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “Avoid popularity if you would have peace.”
- Abraham Lincoln


    “If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “The ballot is stronger than the bullet.”
- Abraham Lincoln 


    “It is not best to swap horses while crossing the river.”
- Abraham Lincoln 

    “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” 
- Abraham Lincoln

    “Every man's happiness is his own responsibility.” 
- Abraham Lincoln

    “The best way to predict your future is to create it” 
- Abraham Lincoln

   “Plainly, the central idea of secession, is the essence of anarchy”
- Abraham Lincoln

    “Truth is generally the best vindication against slander.”
- Abraham Lincoln

   “In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all; and, to the young, it comes with   bitterest agony, because it takes them unawares.”
- Abraham Lincoln

    “Every blade of grass is a study; and to produce two, where there was but one, is   both a profit and a pleasure”
- Abraham Lincoln

   “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and   remove all doubts”
-Abraham Lincoln