Quotes about Jealousy



     “Jealousy’s a weak emotion.”
- Jay-Z


     “Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
- H.G. Wells

    “Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire.”
-Solomon Ibn Gabirol


    “It's a completely useless emotion - jealousy. I don't go there.”
- Joy Behar


     “Jealousy is the fear or apprehension of superiority: envy our uneasiness under it.”
- William Shenstone


     “Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.”
- Drake


    “Jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire.”
- Solomon Ibn Gabirol


     “I like jealous men. I love jealousy. I do.”
- Adriana Lima


     “Man is jealous because of his amour propre; woman is jealous because of her lack of it.”
- Germaine Greer


     “Jealousy is the grave of affection.”
- Mary Baker Eddy


     “From heresy, frenzy and jealousy, good Lord deliver me.”
- Ludovico Ariosto


     “You will not accept credit that is due to another, or harbor jealousy of an explorer who is more fortunate.”
- Abbott L. Lowell

      “Passion can quickly slip to jealousy, or even hatred.”
- Arthur Golden


     “I do not say anything from jealousy.”
- Anna Held


    “Nothing is more capable of troubling our reason, and consuming our health, than secret notions of jealousy in solitude.”
- Aphra Behn

     “The jealousy and resentment that animate the terrorists also affect many of our former cold war allies.”
- Richard Perle

     “But I like not these great success of yours; for I know how jealous are the gods.”
- Herodotus


       “I do a lot of sexy publicity, but I have yet to have any bad experiences regarding jealousy.”
- Brooke Burke

    “The knives of jealousy are honed on details.”
- Ruth Rendell


     “There tends to be a jealousy in England towards countries that are successful.”
- Chris O'Dowd


     “Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love.”
- George Eliot


    “Jealousy is love bed of burning snarl.”
- George Meredith


      “The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.”
- Salvador Dali


     “I don't watch that much comedy. I think it's professional jealousy. That and a lack of support for my community.”
- Michael Ian Black

     “Jealousy is bred in doubts. When those doubts change into certainties, then the passion either ceases or turns absolute madness.”
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

     “Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.” 
- J.R. Ward, Dark Lover

     “Jealousy lives upon doubts. It becomes madness or ceases entirely as soon as we pass from doubt to certainty.”
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

      “Men are jealous of every woman, even when they don’t have the slightest interest in her themselves.”
- Jan Neruda

      “It's amazing the clarity that comes with psychotic jealousy.”
- Rupert Everett


     “Jealousy blurs the focus.”
― Toba Beta 


     “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent.”
- Milan Kundera


     “jealousy is the tie that binds, and binds, and binds.”
- Helen Rowland


    “That is ever the way. 'Tis all jealousy to the bride and good wishes to the corpse.”
- James M. Barrie


      “Envy is for people who don’t have the self-esteem to be jealous.”
- Bauvard

     “People can do all kinds of things that maybe aren't wise in hindsight because of jealousy.”
- Kristin Bauer van Straten


     “Yet he was jealous, though he did not show it, For jealousy dislikes the world to know it.” 
- George Gordon Byron

     “Jealousy is not at all low, but it catches us humbled and bowed down, at first sight.”
- Sidonie Gabrielle Colette


     “I said I was impressed, Martha. I'm beside myself with jealousy. What do you want me to do, throw up?”
- Edward Albee 

      “I don't get jealousy, I don't get how people hate each other - I never did.”
- Nas


     “In jealousy there is more of self-love than love”
- Francois De La Rochefoucault